Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Nostalgic Phone

There is nothing constant except change, as they say. With the flow of time, we keep upgrading ourselves. When I was very young, our house had a miracle machine- by which we could hold conversations with our dear ones whom we could not meet every day. I was told, the machine was called telephone.
When I was in the fifth standard, I saw the advanced form of this miracle machine- the mobile phone for the first time, and by the next year, my papa purchased one. With this, I got the opportunity to handle it. They also say that our first experience of anything stays in our mind for a lifetime. They are not wrong. The feel of touching the machine once heard or seen in TV- of pressing its buttons and staring at the patterns of liquid crystals on the screen- of looking for what features this wonder contained- everything is fresh in my mind.
The terms ‘Motorola’ or ‘Moto’ make me quite nostalgic, for I happen to roll back to those good old days. It was one of the few brands available in the market then, and was used by the parents of a good number of my classmates. I remember, my maths tutor had one such set. While teaching, he frequently took breaks for a quick smoke and happened to leave his cellphone there itself. We- the ‘abodes’ of naughtiness- used to simply pick the phone, look for games and read all the messages present in it. One day I even had made a phone call to my landline number as an experiment, and was badly caught later when the teacher found my number in the call-history.
Days changed. Phones got upgraded. They now had cameras, MP3  players, internet facility and so on. With the popularity of internet, grew several social-networking websites and advanced search engines. Today, we have smartphones- the climax in the field of mobile phones till date!
A phone is incomplete without its features. Today, every other phone comes with an internet browser and several internet-based applications. Here also, smartphones are leading.
What makes a smartphone suit my fancy from day one of my getting acquainted with it- is its ability to support the most advanced and quality versions of  almost every application- be it some browser, some app of some social-networking site, or- last but not the least- some awesome- graphics-game.
I have heard a lot about the Moto E smartphone. I have seen it in pictures or in the form of models and have got a liking for its faster appearance. I, however, have never got a chance to handle it yet.
As said earlier, this brand fills me with nostalgia. The reason might be the long gap between my middle-schooling days and now. With the emergence of several brands, I couldn’t quite hear the name of ‘Motorola’ for days. And today, it feels glad to see the old ‘Moto’ back- that too in the form of a smartphone. The little fellow has now grown up. It has developed wings!
If I get the chance to operate a Moto E smartphone, I would choose to start with some game present in it- be it any. By playing the high definition game, I would re-live the time I played the simple games in my tutor’s phone. I would play continuously for an hour at least, until I am fully done with it. And then, I shall go for exploring its other features.

No comments:

Post a Comment